HIRING: Winter Policy Intern
The Indiana Agriculture Coalition for Renewable Energy (IN-ACRE) is offering one paid winter policy internship. This internship is a unique opportunity to gain practical knowledge of the legislative process, specifically as it relates to clean energy, agriculture, and carbon sequestration in the state. The experiences gained while interning with IN ACRE will benefit academic growth and strengthen political knowledge for the right candidate.
The mission of IN-ACRE is to represent and support Hoosier farmers and rural landowners who support clean energy projects and technology. The coalition promotes a clean energy agenda that prioritizes Hoosier property rights and the family farms that are the backbone of our rural economy.
IN-ACRE internship opportunity will expose the candidate to a variety of critical policy areas:
- Research and respond to legislative questions.
- Track bills through the legislative process.
- Aid in committee coverage and preparing reports.
- Communicate directly with constituents via mail, phone, and email.
Communications / Media Relations
- Write press releases, guest columns and e-newsletters.
- Monitor news coverage and track social media.
- Take photos during events and coordinate media interviews.
- Opportunities available to focus on social media, graphic design, and audio/video production.
- Research, track and analyze amendments and bills.
- Assist staff with legislative and fiscal inquiries.
- Meetings and networking with key leaders in the state
Undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors; recent college graduates; graduate and law school students are eligible to apply for internships. All majors are welcome to apply – no previous political or government experience is required. Interest in agriculture, environmental, and climate topics will be given preference. Top applicants will demonstrate strong writing and interpersonal skills, ability to meet deadlines and accept responsibility for their assignments, project a positive attitude and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations.
- Apply by November 30.
- One intern position is available.
- Orientation in late December.
- Partially remote work with one day per week in downtown Indianapolis.
- Must have transportation and live in the Central Indiana area.
- This is a PAID internship. Interns earn a flat-rate $750 bi-weekly compensation.
- Interns may be eligible for academic credit through their college or university. IN-ACRE may be able to provide appropriate documentation, if requested.
- Numerous networking opportunities with state legislators, state agencies, and private sector organizations.
How to Apply
- Email a copy of your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission is November 30, 2021.